Pinterest is staking its claim in the world of social media- it is now the third most popular social network in the US in terms of traffic generated, and there has been a 145% increase in daily users since 2012.
I’ve been a keen user of Pinterest for a few years now, and I find myself more and more using it as a search engine tool. It is super useful for when I’m researching content for my blog Political Style, and I frequently use it to search for specific products that I am thinking of purchasing. Recent stats highlight that 38% of all active users bought something because they saw it on Pinterest, and 53% of these are daily users.
How do I use Pinterest to support and promote my blog?
- Pin each post– every time a post is published on Political Style I pin it directly onto the Political Style board.
- Pin at busy times of day– between 8pm-11pm are the most popular times to pin. Most evenings during this period I spend 30minutes updating boards and pinning new pins.
- Sign up for a business account– this provides you with detailed analytics information and tips from the Pinterest team.
- Use widgets on your blog– these are great for placing as an additional tool in themed or creative posts- the boards My Style and Dream Homes are some of my most popular.
- Use hashtags and tagging correctly– Like Twitter, I make sure I tag the official pages of brands/individuals in my posts as well as using hashtags.
- Themed boards around different topics– When on the hunt for new eyewear, a board for glasses provided me with the great inspiration I needed! My boards around events like July 4th and Halloween have also proved to be popular.
- Repin from your favourite blogs– sharing is caring!
- Check analytics regularly– Pinterest’s analytics tools are super useful in helping me determine which pins are repinned, liked and shared my followers.
- Know your audience– a mix of popular posts and key topics help to influence not only fresh content, but the types of pins that I share.
Do you use Pinterest for a blog or a business? Leave your link in the comments and I’ll check you out!